Top Ten Electronic Consumer Products Manufacturing Companies in the World
World has become a global village and electronics are integral part of our life. There are number of electronics that we use in our daily life including kitchen electronics, mobiles, PCs, cameras etc. and the list goes on. Here is the list of top ten electronic consumer products manufacturing companies of the world in 2011.
1. Sony is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan and the world’s fifth largest media conglomerate. It is the leading manufacturers of electronics, products for the consumer and professional markets. The name is derived from sonus, the Latin word for sound. Sony has been notably famous for creating its own in-house standards for new recording and storage technologies, instead of adopting those of other manufacturers and standards bodies.
2. Toshiba is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company is famous for infrastructure, consumer products, electronic devices and components including TV’s and laptops for everyday consumers and also manufacturer and marketer of electrical products.
3. Panasonic CorporationÂ Japanese multinational consumer electronics corporation headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan. Its main business is in electronics manufacturing. its founding in 1918 and sinceÂ then it offers Panasonic offers non-electronic products and services such as home renovation services.
4. Samsung Group comprises numerous international affiliated businesses and it is the world’s largest technology company by sales. Samsung Group accounts for about a fifth of South Korea’s total exports and it is the Samsung Group is the sole monopoly dominating a single market.
5. LG is the second largest South Korean conglomerate company.Â LG produces electronics, chemicals, and telecommunications products and operates subsidiaries.
6. Microsoft Corporation is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA. It manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and company has diversified in recent years into the video game industry with the Xbox and its successor.
7. Apple Inc. American multinational corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. Company’s best-known hardware products include iPod, the iPhone and the iPad.Â It was established on April 1, 1976 and was incorporated January 3, 1977. On January 27, 2010, Apple introduced their much awaited media tablet, the iPad. Then they launched On October 23, 2001, iPod digital music player. It has evolved to include various models targeting the wants of different users.
8. Intel Corporation is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Intel has recently introduced a 3-D transistor that may improve performance and energy efficiency and it is now famous for introducing new and amazing technology. Intel will be mass producing this 3-D transistor, called Tri-Gate transistors and already it is the Intel became the dominant supplier of microprocessors for PCs.
9. Nokia Corporation multinational communications corporation that is headquartered in Keilaniemi, Espoo. It has been engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. It has sites for research and development, manufacture and sales in many countries throughout the world. Nokia plays a very large role in the economy of Finland. Nokia has been ranked by as one of the best Finnish brands.
10. The International Consumer Electronics Show major technology-related trade show held each January in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. CES was held in June 1967 in New York.