Top Ten Sports Merchandise Manufacturing Companies in the World 2011
With the advent of Television and Internet, the global spread of sports has increased rapidly. Now sports equipment and merchandise manufacturing companies are billion dollar entities with global existence. Here we have the top ten Sports Merchandise manufacturing companies in the world in 2011.
1. Burton: The snowboard making monarchy is number one on our list, started back in late 1970. Burtons was the first company to make snowboards and holds the monopoly all over the world for snowboarding equipment.
3. Diadora: The Italian company started its work with athletic shoes, the company has now expanded to making equipment and sports merchandise for football, tennis, rugby and other professional sports.
5. Le Coq Sportif: The world renowned French sports equipment and merchandise company has been in business for more than a century. Its name translates to â€œThe Athletic Rooster, a tribute to France national symbol.
8. Warrior Lacrosse: The sports equipment manufacturer is enjoying some very good days with its initiation in ice hockey and has rumored to have reached a 25 Million pounds deal with English outfit Liverpool.
9. Nike Inc: A major world power in manufacturing of sports equipment and merchandise, Nike Inc. was founded in 1960 and has since become a fortune 500 company. The brand is a famous one and is supported by several of the world top brands.