Top Ten Football Playing Nations/Countries in the World 2011
The most watched and loved sport of the world, Football has seen its share of great teams and players. And what is more that the sport itself only seems to grow, the sport has more support and fans all across the world. This list highlights the best of the football playing nations in the FIFA ratings.
1. Netherlands: One of the strongest football teams in the world, Netherlands (Holland as a whole) holds the record being in the most World Cup finals without winning them. Latest being in 2010 South Africa World Cup.
2. Spain: The world Champions alongside the title of European champions is enough to describe their capability. The red fury of Europe lost their number one rankings recently and with their innovative play might retake it again.
3. Germany: A fierce rival in European nations, Few have tasted success as much as Germany has in international tournaments having won the world cup 3 times before.
4. England: Though they havenâ€™t tasted success of the world cup after 1966, England none the less remain a good overall team and get the fourth spot in the top ten.
5. Uruguay: The winners of the first ever world cup to be held, Uruguay has won the prestigious cup once more since then but have remained the most successful South American nation in Football.
6. Brazil: The most successful nation in the history of the world cup winning the cup a record five times. Brazil has been the proud father to some of the gameâ€™s best players and producing some of the gameâ€™s best displays of sportsmanship and skill.
7. Italy: They are after Brazil, the most successful outfit in the world with 4 world cups to their name amongst several other notable wins in European championships and Olympics.
8. Portugal: The country has never been graced the honor of winning an international tournament but it has maintained a good national side that has appeared in a semifinal of 1966 World Cup.
9. Argentina: Two times world cup winner Argentina is on the ninth spot and also has the distinction of winning all major menâ€™s FIFA titles.
10. Croatia: The most volatile and unpredictable of all the world teams, Croatia joined the international game in mid-1990â€™s and reached the 25th position in global charts all in a space of few years.