Top Ten Smallest Countries in the World 2011 (Area-Wise)
Well looking for smallest countries in the world, we have the smallest ten in terms of area. I am sure you will be amazed after knowing how small these countries are actually. Here is the list of top ten smallest countries in the world in 2011 (area-wise).
1. Vatican City: It consists of walled enclaves within the city of Rome. Vatican City is also the smallest country by area in the world.Â ItsÂ Population is: 800 Approx and its Area isÂ 0.44sq km.
2. Nauru: it is the world’s smallest island nation. Previously it was known as the Pleasant Island. It is an island situated in the South Pacific. It has seen German, Japanese and American rule and finally got its independence in 1968.its Population is 10,000 Approx and its area 21.00 sq km.
3. Tuvalu: It is the Polynesian island state which is situated between Hawaii and Australia in the Pacific Ocean. its Population isÂ 10,000 and itsÂ AreaÂ isÂ 26.00 sq km.
4. Palau: it consists of several islands and is situated in the Pacific Ocean, nearer to the Philippines and South Tokyo. Its population is 20,000 and its area is 458.00 qkm.
5. San Marino: It is one of the oldest autonomous countries of the world. It is situated in the Apennine Mountains. This country is completely surrounded by Italy. Its population is 32, 386, and its area is 61, 00 sq km.
6. Monaco: it is situated in the South Western Europe on the northern central coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It surrounded by France from three sides. Its population is 33,000 and its area is 2.00 sq km.
7. Liechtenstein: It is situated in Western Europe and is surrounded by Switzerland from the west and south and Austria from the east. it is one of the few countries in the world without an army.And its Population is 35,904and Area is 160.00sq. km
8. Saint Kitts & Nevis: It is also known as Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis. It is situated in the islands of West Indies. IThis island was discovered by Christopher Columbus itsPopulation is 38,960, and itsÂ area 261.00 sq km.
9. Marshall Islands: Officially the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI), it is a Micronesian nation of atolls and is situated in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It is situated to the north of the Equator. The US conducts regular nuclear testing on these islands.Its Population is 63,000 and )Area is 181.00sq. km
10. Dominica: Officially the Commonwealth of Dominica, it is an island nation which is situated in the Caribbean sea. Its capital is Roseau its Population isÂ 67,000 and Area is 754.00 sq km.